Yoga and Forest Bathing Retreat with Toby Bloom and Sherry Rubin - Nov. 5-7, 2021
Time & Location
About The Event
About the Event
Join Sherry and Toby for a three-day Yoga and Forest Bathing Retreat May 1-3, 2020 on Moon Meadows Farm. Guests will enjoy a weekend in luxe accommodations including a yoga studio on the 36-acre organic farm that has been completely renovated into a gorgeous retreat and wellness center. Your weekend includes 4 yoga classes, 2 forest immersions, 2 meditation sessions, healthy meals prepared on site, and a night time campfire gathering. This is an all-levels event -- beginners welcome! Deadline for registration is Feb. 29th.
$550 per person based on double occupancy. Contact us for single occupancy rates.
Your retreat fee includes:
- Two nights of accommodation in a private or shared room
- Yoga classes for newbies or experienced yogis led by Sherry Rubin
- Forest bathing led by Toby Bloom
- Meditation sessions with Sherry and Toby
- Five organic healthy meals prepared on site
To register or if you have further questions, please email Sherry at email@example.com or Toby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is forest bathing?
Toby will lead you on a gentle walk through the forest, inviting you to get out of your head and into your body through several sensory activities that heighten your internal and external awareness. An intentionally slow and magnified focus on nature is the key to the rejuvenating effects of Forest Bathing. Forest bathing sessions take several hours and may cover less than a quarter mile.
What kind of yoga will be offered?
Sherry teaches classical hatha yoga. A yoga class described as ‘Hatha’ will typically involve a set of physical postures and breathing techniques, practised more slowly and with more static posture holds than perhaps a Vinyasa flow or Ashtanga class. Beginners are more than welcome!!
What kind of food will be served?
All food will be organic and plant based with a seafood or fish entree one evening. Please let us know if you have any allergies or need any food accommodations.
How to Book
- Cost: The retreat is $550 per person with double occupancy. Contact us for further information on single occupancy prices. This rate includes all wellness classes, forest experiences and meditations, accommodations, food and nonalcoholic drinks.
- Register: To register or if you have further questions, please email Sherry at email@example.com or Toby at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payments: Payments are preferred by check. Due in full by February 29th. Contact us if you would rather make a Paypal payment. Due to the small size of the retreat, we cannot allow cancellations after February 29th. However, we will have a waitlist and if we are able to fill your spot we can refund your payment minus a $150 service charge. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
- Location: A luxe 36-acre property at Moon Meadows Farm in Kearneysville, WV (1 hour from Gaithersburg, 1.5 hours West of Washington, D.C.) (see photos HERE). Guests can arrive as early at 3:00 p.m. on Friday and depart at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- Cancellations/Terms and Conditions: Please read our Cancellation Policy and full Terms and Conditions found at the bottom before submitting your payment.
- Travel: Travel to and from the retreat is NOT included and is the responsibility of the guest.
* all events are optional.
3:00-4:45 pm Check in & relax
5:00pm All levels Yoga
7:45-8:30pm Sunset Forest Immersion
8:00-9:00am All levels Yoga
10:00 am-1:00 pm Forest Immersion followed by tea ceremony
1:00-2:00 pm Lunch
2:00-4:00 pm Relaxing time (Visit the farm animals? Take a nap on the hammock? Sit on a rocking chair on the porch?)
4:00-5:00 p.m Yoga + Massage and Partner Yoga
8:00pm Meditation session and Relax by the campfire
8:15-8:45 Mantra Meditation
8:45-9:45 Gentle Wake up Yoga
12:00pm Labyrinth Walk
See more details about room types and fees below:
3-day Retreat: May 1-3, 2020 Accommodations
ROOM TYPES in Main House
There are private rooms, please contact us for rates.
- Queen bed with private bath (Lavender Room in Main House) $550 per person double occupancy SOLD OUT
- Two full beds with private bath (Bird Room in Main House) $550 per person double occupancy SOLD OUT
- King bed with shared bath (Navy room in main house) $550 per person double occupancy SOLD OUT
- King bed with shared bath (Ocean Room in Main House) $550 per person double occupancy (also a pull out sofa bed available) SOLD OUT
ROOM TYPES in Guest Cottage
- Queen bed with private bath (converted rustic guest cottage, 5 minute walk from main house) $550 per person double occupancy SOLD OUT
- Queen bed with shared bath (converted rustic guest cottage, 5 minute walk from main house) $550 per person double occupancy SOLD OUT
- Twin bed with shared bath (converted rustic guest cottage, 5 minute walk from main house) $550 single occupancy SOLD OUT
Toby Bloom leads forest immersions in the DC metro area’s most beautiful natural places. She is a certified forest therapy guide through the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy, and works for the US Forest Service. Toby hopes that all who join her for a Forest Immersion Experience will rediscover the nature in and around them. For more information on forest bathing, please visit her website at www.forestimmersiondc.com.
Sherry Rubin has been teaching yoga for over twenty years at various studios and gyms, corporate settings, government agencies and youth camps. She enjoys sharing the benefits of yoga with yogis of all ages and abilities. Her calm, gentle presence creates a nurturing space in which students can relax and allow their inner beauty to shine through. Sherry’s classes reflect her belief that yoga is for everyone and teaches classes tailored to the needs of her students that encourage them to honor and listen to their bodies, cultivate their inner wisdom, and recover the knowledge of their own divine nature.
Please note that this yoga retreat is limited to a small number of attendees, to allow for a more personable, intimate experience, our cancellation policy is in place to help guests and us alike work together sharing expenses that may arise from unexpected cancellations.
Full balance due February 29th, 2020
No one books a retreat with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur. However, due to the small nature of the event, no refunds can be given, no exceptions. No refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat, or for arriving late or leaving early. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. We reserve the right to cancel retreats with inadequate participant interest, in which case all money paid for the Wellness Retreat will be refunded.
However, we will maintain a waiting list and if we can fill your spot we will refund your payment minus a $150 service charge. We HIGHLY recommend getting travel insurance. Travel Guard is the insurance company we usually use.
Sherry Rubin and Toby Bloom and all persons involved in retreats (herein after referred to as "AGENTS") act only in capacity as AGENTS for the participant in all matters connected with travel, sight-seeing journeys and transportation, and as AGENTS hold themselves free of responsibility for any damage occasioned by any cause. AGENTS will not be responsible for any damages or expenses or inconveniences caused by late departures or change of schedule, strikes or to their conditions, nor will be responsible for loss or damage to baggage or any of the participant's belongings. All prices quoted are correct at time of printing, include the cost of operation of the journeys, and are subject to currency changes. AGENTS shall not be responsible for personal injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage, irregularity or property damage as a result of force majeure or for any other losses or damages incurred by any person or journey participants caused by any delay or change of itinerary or arising out of any act, including, but not limited to, any act of negligence, any person acting for or on behalf of AGENTS for transportation, accommodation or sight-seeing provider or any other person or entity rendering any of these services or accommodations being offered in connection with this journey. This agreement supersedes all previous oral or written communications, representations, or agreements between the parties. Participants assume the risk involved when participating in yoga and forest bathing and any and all activities and/or pursuits voluntarily undertaken while participating in the retreat. Participants agree that any and all disputes between Participants and Agents shall be governed by Maryland law. Participants agree to mediate any and all disputes prior to the institution of any litigation. In the event of any litigation between the Parties to this agreement involving their respective rights or obligations, such litigation shall take place in Maryland and the prevailing party shall be entitled to recovery of reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs of litigation. In regard to the stay during the retreat, AGENTS will provide safe, careful instruction and safe premises, but ask that each participant to take personal responsibility for their own self-care and (in the unlikely case) for any injuries incurred during retreat. Modifications are given to students with specific needs. If participants are unsure of their physical ability due to previous injuries, they should seek the advice of a healthcare practitioner beforehand.