If you missed my webinar on "How to Boost Your Immune System" with natural methods and held on March 26, 2020 - then please see the link to the video recording and my notes below....
Last night I held a webinar on "How to Boost Your Immune System with Simple, Natural Methods", in which I taught some tools for boosting your immune system and offered tips for better self-care. At the end, I also included some dharma journaling questions to help you tap into your life's purpose, anchoring you into the positive opportunities that surround us now.
To access last night's webinar, go to: https://zoom.us/rec/share/x9BbMbXzxE1LUo3g4mH6Rv4xMKDHX6a82ycerqdfnhsIqGgingHcsTq8HaauAZZ5
This webinar is donation based. If you are struggling financially, please don’t worry about making a donation. If you are still working, please consider making a donation to me as Moon Meadows Farm is temporarily shut down and I am without income.
If you want to send me a donation, you can send it via Venmo (my contact info is Suzanne Morgan @Suzanne-Morgan-29). You can also easily send it via PayPal. Go to PayPal, select Send money, then enter either my phone number (703-626-8349) or my email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
And see the notes from my webinar, just below my signature.
I am sending all of you loving, healing light. May we all remain healthy, open, productive, compassionate and generous.
9 Practical Things that Boost the Immune System
1. Sleep – you can do a lot of things right, but if you are not getting enough sleep – then you may not be benefiting from all other good things.
Get a consistent routine – go to bed and wake up at the same time each day
Aim for 8 hours sleep
Uplevel the quality of your sleep – Try the app Sleep Cycle
2. Shift your perspective – Jon Kabat Zin wrote a meditation book years ago called Full Catastrophe Living. Can you surrender to the new reality while also focusing on the opportunities?
3. Having a meditation practice is one of the best things that you can do to vibrate at a higher level – boosting your immune system and calming your mind.
4. Eat foods that have high prana (energy)
Most of our immunity comes from the lining of the gut
Focus on living foods – fruits and vegetables. Make you diet mostly plant-based meals.
Avoid or decrease – dairy and meats – they tax the immune system.
5. Herbal remedies
There are some great Ayurveda formulas for boosting the immune system
iii. Amrit Kalash
My favorite herb for now is ashwaganda.
Turmeric is terrific as an anti-inflammatory.
Licorice root is an anti-viral
Ginger root is another anti-viral
i. Hot water with honey, dried ground ginger
Go to a trusted source, such as Mountain Rose Herbs; Maharishi Ayruveda; or Banyan Botanicals.
Mountain Rose Herbs, Do Terra, Young Living; Floracopia
7. Daily practices ROUTINE
Ideal day – the body craves routine. I cannot overstate the importance of having a consistent daily routine.
i. Meditation – 20 minutes
ii. Tongue scraping / oil pulling
iii. Brush your teeth
iv. Lemon water – alkaline
v. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
vi. Khechari mudra
ix. Neti pot &
x. Oil nose and ears
8. Pranayama & Movement
9. Maintain heart-centered living –
Spending time in gratitude
Connect with others
Don’t be the person that spins others out – be the person that uplifts
Balance what you read
i. Book recommendations include
1. Solve for Happy – Mo Gawdat
2. Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the Upward Spiral That Will Change Your Life – by Barbara Frederickson
10. Journaling – Dharma questions
1. Can you envision a positive reason for this pandemic?
2. What are you meant to do now?
3. What are your opportunities
4. How can you best support your vision?
5. How can you best support your body?
6. Who can you ask for help?
7. What is your positive anchor statement – what is your positive intention (sankalpa)?
8. What are your priorities?